The valuations we undertake can range in size from hundreds of thousands of pounds to hundreds of millions of pounds. In every case, we are always aware of the importance of explaining how we reached our conclusions with sufficient detail and clarity so the end user can be confident in the robustness of our opinions.
Typical valuation assignments would include the following:
- Post M&A transaction disputes
- Shareholder or partnership disputes
- Matrimonial disputes
- Using Business Valuations to quantify quantum of damages in commercial cases, typically comparing the value of a business in the actual circumstances compared to the value in a counterfactual scenario
- We are well versed in valuation methodologies and their use in legal proceedings. We understand the various bases of value as defined (e.g. market value, equitable value etc.) and how important it is to ensure the appropriate basis is being applied. We ensure that our work is always compliant with International Valuation Standards.
Valuation of Financial Instruments
As well as valuing businesses, our team often values financial assets such as:
- Share options
- Enterprise Management Incentives (“EMI”) schemes
- Unquoted securities
Valuation of Intellectual Property (“IP”)
For many businesses their most important assets are the IP they hold. We have considerable experience in this area and are able to provide valuation of IP assets, including experience of acting alongside other specialists (including brand valuation consultancies) when assignments require it.