Accounting and compliance for owner-managed businesses: Online CPD course delivered by Tolley
19 May 2023 09:00
In our fifth accredited CPD course of 2023, delivered in conjunction with leading training provider Tolley, and aimed at professional advisers, we looked at what owner-managed businesses (OMBs) need to do to remain compliant when preparing financial statements.
OMBs producing compliant accounts under UK GAAP, whether under full FRS 102, FRS 102(1A) for small entities or FRS 105 for micro-entities, need to know what to do to comply as well as how to tackle the most common issues that arise in practice.
This three-hour session reflects on common problems and emerging issues and includes:
- Company size criteria – what choices you have and the triggers for additional disclosure
- What’s changing, when and what you need to know
- Potential changes in legislation
Common problem areas including:
- Accounting policies, estimates and judgements – getting the disclosure balance right
- Property plant and equipment – initial recognition including component accounting, estimating useful life and residual value
- Investment properties – how to present fair value changes, dealing with transfers and mixed-use property and deferred tax
- Financial instruments including loans, investments and share-based payments
The session will be delivered by Val Steward.
For over 20 years, Val has worked with accountancy practices helping them to develop their businesses and remain compliant. She also lectures widely on auditing, management skills and assurance services.
She is the author and co-author of a number of technical guides and work programmes including the CCH Industry Audit and Accounting Guide on Clubs and Associations, the Practice Society Anti-Money Laundering Procedures and Training Manual and the ACCA Audit Programmes and Engagement Letters. She specialises in the not-for-profit sector lecturing and advising on charities and cooperatives of all sizes. And, in addition to being involved in the technical aspects of the charity sector, she also acts as a trustee.
The webinar is part of the K3 Hub training and events programme. In 2021, we launched the K3 Hub – a member network for professional advisers developed by K3 Capital Group Limited.
All our courses are free to attend and, if attending the live session, delegates qualify for three hours of structured CPD for the events delivered by Tolley on our behalf.